- Create your own city scape.
- Work with photo references or your own style.
- Pick one complementary color combination with tint, shade, tone.
- 3 ideas.
- Pick one for painting.
- Painting specifications:
- 12 inches by 15 inches or larger.
- Bristol or white cold pressed board or canvas board
In this sketch I imagined the city encapsulated and floating in space. To make out a pattern I arranged building blocks across from each other.
I wanted to play around with freeways and how they would look if they were twisted.
- This vision is about the proletarian class that sustains the urban setting. The worker will be on top of earth as it holds everything else.
- If I go the 2 dimentional route, then I wanted to create patterns with urban icons relevant to me. I transport myself on bike which is why I used the bike as one of the icons.
After I presented my ideas to my instructor, she suggested the following: